This online choir and singing project is a perfect way to keep staff upbeat and connected in trying times. They will learn to sing songs in harmony by ear focusing on fun and staying positive. This is suitable for anyone of any age and all levels of singing experience - no previous experience is necessary.
The programme will consist of:
· Live online 1-hour sessions once a week
· Pre-recorded parts to listen and practice to
· Online resources such as warm-ups.
On Zoom the participants won’t be able to hear one another but will learn the parts with Katie and sing along with her.
There will be an optional add-on to produce a recorded video with everyone singing together that will be recorded on people’s computer mics and then edited by Katie afterwards.
HOW WILL IT HELP YOUR STAFF?
· Allow staff to dedicate a bit of time to their mental health and general wellbeing during the working day
· Facilitate some physical activity to break up the day and re-focus their minds
· Encourage staff to find positivity during a really difficult time
· Nurture a sense of community amongst staff
· Make staff feel supported by you and seeing you invest in their mental and physical health
THE FINER DETAILS
Times: Anytime during the day, but singing is a great way to boost productivity so is perfect for the middle of a work day
Platform: Zoom and Dropbox
Format: Weekly for 1 hour per session as standard plus a new song arranged and recorded each week. Songs can be requested by the businesses and participants.
Requirements: Any device with access to Zoom
Participants: Up to 100 participants per session with the potential for more upon request
Customisation: Session lengths and frequency can be tailored to suit the needs of individual businesses.
The standard 6-week course will cost £550.
This includes 6 online sessions, 6 songs arranged with parts recorded and access to online vocal warmups. Bespoke packages negotiable.
Additional optional add ons include:
· Extension on the six week course
· A physical gathering or concert at the end of lockdown
· Extra songs arranged on request
· Anything else you can dream up!
Katie Richardson is a musical director, musician and composer based in Belfast. Katie has performed in multiple award-winning choirs and now directs Open House Choir and Cathedral Quarter Choir. She also runs workplace choirs for many businesses including Baker MacKenzie, Lidl, Women in Business, QUB Pharmacy Department and Foster Care Associates.
As a musician she has supported artists such as Foy Vance, Duke Special, Van Morrison, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Bell X1 and All Saints. As a composer/sound designer Katie has worked with many Theatre companies in NI including The Lyric, Maiden Voyage Dance, Tinderbox and The MAC where she was artist in residence in 2016.
She recently starred in The Lyric Theatre's production of Good Vibrations, as well as being the onstage musical director.