Board Bank is a long running programme, founded by Arts & Business NI, which strategically places executive business professionals onto the boards of leading local arts organisations.
Making use of our unique and unrivalled network of business and arts contacts across the province, applicants will work closely with the A&BNI team to find a position that suits both their personal creative passions and professional expertise.Download the Board Bank PDF Pack here
• Because you have a passion for the arts, and a desire to work with personal impact to help the cultural sector thrive locally.
• Because facilitating the local arts and culture sector is a crucial part of ensuring that Northern Ireland is an attractive and enjoyable place for you and your employees to live, work and play, both now and in the future.
• Because you have strategic, commercial knowledge that can add immense practical value to the work of the local arts sector.
• Because peers in your industry who have participated all agree the experience has been profoundly rewarding.
"The A&B NI training sessions were very helpful in introducing an awareness of the issues which would be likely to face any prospective Board members involved in arts charity governance. The Board Bank programme introduced me to a variety of people from different backgrounds, skills and experiences. I saw the programme as a great opportunity to learn as well as to contribute and to assist."
Participation in the Arts & Business NI Board Bank unlocks the following valuable benefits:
• A one-to-one diagnostic session with the A&BNI team to discuss your personal passions and career objectives, capturing SMART data to enable successful board placement.
• ‘Fundamentals of Board Membership’ induction seminar, delivered by A&BNI’s Head of Arts. This seminar will help you understand more about Trustees’ roles in the cultural sector.
• Advocacy & Ambassador Training delivered by A&BNI’s Marketing Manager. This session will equip you with a practical understanding of best practice when acting as an advocate for your organisation and the arts sector.
• Financials Training delivered by A&BNI’s Head of Arts, framing financial management within the cultural sector; the session provides a detailed understanding of forecasting, planning, cash flow and more.
• Facilitated opportunities and ongoing support to join the board of an arts or cultural organisation. A&BNI will arrange an introduction with the board of a carefully selected arts organisation, until a match is agreed. You may attend up to three board meetings as an observer, before officially joining the board.
• Access to a full year’s calendar of A&BNI’s cultural and networking events, designed to allow you to form connections and build your art sector knowledge and contacts. This includes our flagship Annual Governance Conference scheduled for Autumn 2022.
• Ongoing support, advice and guidance on governance, board development and changes in charity law for the duration of your board term from the team at Arts & Business NI.
Business members of Arts & Business NI can access a preferential rate to participate in our Board Bank programme- please speak to us about business membership.
Costs are payable only upon acceptance into the programme.
• £200 + VAT per participant (Arts & Business NI Member rate)
• £300+ VAT per participant (non - A&BNI Member rate)
Arts & Business NI believes board diversity means having a mix of people on a cultural board who have the relevant skills, knowledge, lived and learned experience and background to do the job well and that the mix is representative of the community served and society as a whole.
We would like to encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences including candidates who identify as LGBTQIA+, have a disability or are neurodiverse, or are from a visible minority ethnic background.
Please complete the application form which can be found below, and return via email to email@example.com along with your CV.
For further details and any questions, please contact Maeve McKervey firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill in our Board Matching form here. We will use this to understand the skillsets you require, and we will be able to ascertain if we can facilitate a candidate match that fits your needs.
Take a look at Young Professionals on Arts Boards, our placement programme for those beginning their career here.
Arts & Business NI is generously supported by The Arts Council of Northern Ireland.